Keating is an accredited Engineers Ireland employer, therefore our commitment to ongoing continuous learning and development is key to our vision, mission and values. We provide support and assistance to our employees in pursuing their career goals through educational assistance, CPD* training, flexible working arrangements and mentoring. We assist our employees in attaining chartership in all professional disciplines, promoting their development to contribute to the company’s success.
*Definition of CPD - “The systematic maintenance, enhancement and development of knowledge and skill, and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout the practising engineering professional’s career” Engineers Ireland
Aligned with our core values and guiding principles we are committed to providing sustainable solutions both as an integral part of the business that we do, and within the community.
Our graduate programme consists of:
- A 24-month programme enabling graduates to gain exposure to four elements of our business: Operations, Design and Work Winning and Commercial.
- Cross-functional, practical on-the-job placements in various departments.
- Supplementary professional training to develop your skills and knowledge through attending structured courses that focus on developing you as a future leader. Courses such as:
- Engineer as a Professional, Time Management and Organisational Skills.
- Complex and Creative Problem Solving.
- Coaching and Mentoring, Team Leadership Skills.
- Project Management Fundamentals.
- Technical Writing Skills.
- Communication and Presentation Skills.
It is important that you have the ability to be geographically mobile as exposure to areas of the business will require travel.
Throughout this process, you will be supported by a mentor in the company who will work with you to achieve success. Regular progress reports, one-to-one’s will be key to your development.
We have many in-house opportunities in a variety of Engineering / Construction / HSEQ / Design disciplines including:
- Quantity Surveyors.
- Design Engineers.
- Bid Coordinators.
- Project Managers.
There are many benefits to joining the Keating team, such as;
- Opportunities to work within the Marine, Civil and Building Industry.
- Clear advancement in your role through mentoring and coaching in the business.
- Opportunities to work on challenging and interesting projects utilising the latest industry methods, with innovative ideas, planning, and technologies being at the forefront of what we do.
- Working with a recognised industry leader.
- A personalised plan for career development focused on key skills to enable you to succeed.
- Payment of membership fees to accredited bodies in the Construction/Engineering field, and many other professional bodies (e.g. ACCA, CIPD).
- Competitive salary in line with industry benchmarks.
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives promoted throughout the company.